Pride Month is a time for LGBTQ+ folks to gather and celebrate their freedom to live authentically. The LGBTQ+ community deserves affirmed, safe, supported, joyful, and mentally healthy lives.
Anti-trans legislation, hate-based crimes, and discrimination shouldn't overshadow Pride, but they can't be ignored. We hope those struggling with their identity or living in unsupportive environments find these resources helpful to living a life of well-being and resilience.
Get involved in Pride Month events by attending one of Mental Health America's webinars or viewing the recordings.
Podcasts & Social Media Events
Listen to our Pride Month podcasts or check out one of our social media events to learn more about LGBTQ+ communities and mental health.
- Queerness & mental health Instagram Live with Colton Underwood - 6/1
- The science of gender podcast - 6/7
- Gender-affirming care Facebook Live with Myriad - 6/14
- I'm confused about my gender podcast - 6/14
- What does it mean to be nonbinary? Gender in the LGBTQ+ community podcast with Phii Regis - 6/21
- Gender across cultures podcast with Luis Cornejo - 6/28
Or share the following messages:
- Being your authentic self is one of the best ways to protect your #mentalhealth. As we celebrate #PrideMonth, learn more and find resources from Mental Health America: mhanational.org/pride 🏳️🌈
- Being transgender isn’t a #mentalhealth condition, but the trans community faces higher rates of mental health challenges than any other LGBTQ+ identity group. Learn more and find resources from Mental Health America: mhanational.org/pride 🏳️⚧️ #PrideMonth
- If you’re a #mentalhealth care provider, it’s crucial that you understand what gender-affirming care really is. Learn more and find resources from Mental Health America: mhanational.org/pride 🏳️🌈 #PrideMonth
- Being LGBTQ+ isn’t easy in today’s climate. If you’re struggling, you’re not alone. Take a free #mentalhealth test at mhanational.org to find out if you’re experiencing symptoms of a mental health condition. #PrideMonth
- Reflecting on your gender can be an uncomfortable process and bring up challenging feelings. If you’re struggling, you’re not alone. Check in on your #mentalhealth at mhascreening.org. #PrideMonth
- If you or an LGBTQ+ individual you know is struggling or in crisis, help is available. Call or text 988 or chat 988lifeline.org. You can also reach a trained counselor at The Trevor Project at 866-488-7386 and Trans Lifeline at 877-565-8860.