Thank you for your interest in Mental Health America's (MHA) Young Leaders Council (YLC)! Read more about MHA's young adult leadership programs and previous YLC members.
The YLC identifies young leaders (18-25) who have created programs and initiatives to fill gaps in mental health support and resources in their communities.
Selected members meet over six months starting in September 2023 and contribute to resources and a report with their ideas and guides to expanding or replicating their programs.
As part of the program, participants:
- Attend monthly 90-minute meetings over a six-month term.
- Receive one-on-one mentoring.
- Contribute to MHA content and an annual report.
- Receive opportunities to present at MHA local and national events and with MHA partners.
- Share their thoughts, work, and stories via MHA's website and social media, as well as connections to partner organizations, journalists, and others interested in youth mental health.
- Join our Expanding Impact Network of MHA youth program graduates, which includes ongoing training and community building.
- Receive a $1,000 stipend.
Please complete the below form to submit your application for the 2023-2024 Young Leaders Council.
Applications are due Friday, August 4, 2023.
For questions or support completing the application, contact Jackie Menjivar, MHA's Manager of Peer and Youth Advocacy, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants will be notified about selection by September 8, 2023.