Mental Health America is proud to have founded Mental Health Month in 1949. Every May, we come together to continue the tradition of promoting awareness, offering vital resources and education, and advocating for the mental health and well-being of everyone.
This year's theme is Where to Start: Mental Health in a Changing World.
The world is constantly changing – for better or for worse – and it can be overwhelming to deal with everything going on around you. While society is getting more comfortable discussing mental health, it can still be hard to know “Where to Start” when it comes to taking care of your own well-being.
This May, Mental Health America will help you:
- LEARN how modern life affects mental health with new resources to navigate our changing world.
- ACT by building your coping toolbox so you can manage stress, difficult emotions, and challenging situations.
- ADVOCATE to improve mental health for yourself, your friends and family, and your community.
For anyone struggling with the pressure of today's world, feeling alone, or wondering if they can feel better, this is Where to Start.
What's planned for Mental Health Month?
- Toolkit with resources to help you plan Mental Health Month activities and improve your mental well-being
- Paperback release of Mental Health America's book, Where to Start
- Light Up Green initiative to illuminate buildings and landmarks across the country
- New items in the MHA Store to encourage conversations
- Activations for individuals, communities, and companies who are ready to take the next steps to improve mental health
The 2024 Mental Health Month toolkit will be available on March 25th. Sign up for our email list to make sure you get notified.