Skip to main content

I'm looking for mental health help for someone else

If you or someone you know is in crisis, please seek help immediately.

Below are some options for immediate support.

If you or someone you know is struggling or in crisis, help is available. Call or text 988 or chat

Text MHA to 741741 to connect with a trained Crisis Counselor from Crisis Text Line.

Call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.

If you are in need of support, but not in crisis, consider reaching out to a warmline. Warmlines offer a place to call when you just need to talk to someone. Speaking to someone on these calls is typically free, confidential, and run by people who understand what it’s like to struggle with mental health problems.

Find a warmline at

Mental health is a critical part of overall health. If you're feeling distressed, there is hope.

If the person you care about is still in school, our Back To School or Life On Campus materials may better fit your needs.

Which best describes the person you care about?

The person I care about doesn't have any concerns right now, but they would like to stay mentally healthy.

The person I care about is showing symptoms of a mental health condition. They are doing okay at home, work, or school, but not as easy as before. Something is “not right.”

The person I care about is starting to have trouble with family, friends, work, school or other areas of his or her life. Things are getting worse, and sometimes multiple problems are developing.

Things are getting bad for the person I care about. He or she appears to be losing control of his or her life and ability to work, go to school, or be there for friends and family.

The person I care about is in crisis.