RPC Meeting: Honolulu, Hawaii: Surfing the Policy Wave
Surfing the Policy Wave
Mark your calendars for the last Regional Policy Council meeting of the year: Wednesday, December 7, 2022, in Honolulu, Hawaii at the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort or virtually.
Note: All times are Hawaii–Aleutian Standard Time.
Join us for a wonderful day that will begin at 7:45 a.m. for a breakfast honoring another group of 2022 Mental Health Legislative Champions.
From 9 a.m. - 2:30 p.m., we'll be Surfing the Policy Wave with a deep dive into topics that will include:
- 988 - where we are, where we need to get to
- Firearm safety and violence prevention: How it does and doesn't fit with mental health
- Employment for people with mental health disabilities: Featuring the SEED program from the Department of Labor, Office of Disability Employment Policy, and Hawaii programs that are getting people back to work
- Youth and peer programs in Hawaii, featuring MHAHI and other local offerings
- An end of the 117th Congress Federal Policy Update and a look ahead
- States' legislative priorities for the coming year
The evening of the meeting, Dec. 7, Mental Health America affiliates, staff, and board members will be invited to join an affiliate-only dinner from 6 - 9 p.m.
Book your hotel room at the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort.
*Note: Be sure to adjust to your preferred dates at top of page.
For more details contact Debbie Plotnick email@example.com.
Send your state legislator nominations to Janelle Gonzaga, firstname.lastname@example.org.